The International Aspirin Foundation strengthens its Scientific Advisory Board and welcomes Dr John Chia
The International Aspirin Foundation is delighted and honoured to welcome Dr John WK Chia to its Scientific Advisory Board. Dr Chia is active in clinical trial research; and has developed and/or led numerous clinical trial studies– including immune check-point inhibitors, cancer vaccines, adoptive T cell, and small molecule targets for cancer.
Release date: July 2017
Clinicians and scientists from across the globe will meet at Charité – Berlin Museum of Medical History, Berlin on September 14th 2017 to celebrate 120 years since the synthesis of acetylsalicylic acid. Aspirin maybe relatively old in pharmaceutical terms but research regarding its many exciting indications and its role in disease prevention is new and expanding. The International Aspirin Foundation is delighted to be able to bring together world leaders in aspirin research and facilitate an in depth discussion of the important role aspirin has in the prevention and treatment of disease.
Release date: May 2017
The International Aspirin Foundation is delighted and honoured to welcome Professor Lina Badimon to its Scientific Advisory Board. Professor Badimon’s research activities focus on thrombosis and hemostasis, atherosclerosis, lipids and inflammation.
Professor Badimon is the Director of the Cardiovascular Research Center in Barcelona (CSIC‐ICCC) in the Hospital Santa Creu and San Pau, Director of the Cardiovascular Research Chair of the Autonomous University of Barcelona and Director of the UNESCO Chair in Biomedical Sciences Training and Research.
Release date: Feb 2017
The International Aspirin Foundation expands its reach to China and welcomes Professor Ge to the Scientific Advisory Board
The International Aspirin Foundation is delighted and honoured to welcome Professor Junbo Ge to its Scientific Advisory Board.
Professor Ge is a member of Chinese Academy of Sciences, professor and doctoral supervisor and works as the director for Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Disease and the Center for Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering.
Release date: Sept 2016
DISCLAIMER (updated November 2016)
- The information, views and opinions expressed on the International Aspirin Foundation website are not endorsed or approved by members of the Scientific Advisory Board unless otherwise stated
- The Information section on the website is compiled using current published information at the time of writing and whilst every effort has been made to avoid errors, professional clinical judgement is required to interpret the information given. The information given is referenced clearly for further analysis as required
- Every effort is made by the International Aspirin Foundation to see that no misleading or inaccurate data, statement or opinion appear on the website, the International Aspirin Foundation cannot be held responsible for any errors or for any consequences arising from the use of the information contained on the website
- The International Aspirin Foundation, its associates and the Scientific Advisory Board accept no liability whatsoever for the consequences of any such inaccurate or misleading data, information, opinion or statement
- Any information involving drug usage, should only be followed in conjunction with the drug manufacturer’s own published literature in their own country
- Medical sciences evolve on a continual basis and therefore independent verification of the website content should be made
- The information, views, opinions and any other material provided on this website should not be relied upon as a substitute to professional medical advice in relation to any medical condition. The International Aspirin Foundation, its associates and The Scientific Advisory Board accept no liability whatsoever for any consequences arising from any reliance placed on such information, views, opinions and other materials in lieu of professional medical advice
- The Aspirin Foundation activities are supported through a sponsorship of Bayer AG, Berlin, Germany. The sponsor does not have any influence over the operations of the International Aspirin Foundation activities.