Internet Site Notice
The Aspirin Foundation (AF) maintains this site (the Site) for your personal information, education and communication. Through your access to and use of the Site, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) set forth below.
Terms & Conditions for use of this website
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before accessing or using the Site. By accessing or using the Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions set forth below, just as if you had signed them. If you are not willing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions, you may not access the Site. The AF may modify these Terms & Conditions at any time, and such modifications shall be deemed effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Any continued use of the Site shall be deemed conclusive of your acceptance of the modified Terms & Conditions.
- The Site and its contents are designed to comply with UK laws and regulations. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations are responsible for compliance with the local law if and to the extent that local laws are applicable. By viewing this site, you agree to its terms; if you do not agree to its terms, do not view this site.
- The Site may, from time to time, contain information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment but is suitable only as general information and should not be relied upon by any particular individual or for any specific purpose. Should a medical condition persist, you are advised to promptly see your doctor or other health professional.
- This Site contains information concerning aspirin that may be useful to the media, healthcare professionals as well as the general public. In particular, the AF makes no representation or warranties as to the accuracy of any information contained herein and expressly disclaims any obligation to update said information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the AF further assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site.
- Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Neither the AF nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. This includes damages to, or for viruses that may infect, your computer equipment. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you AS IS without warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- You may freely browse the Site. You may freely download material therefrom. Any and all downloaded materials may be used by you for personal, non-commercial use. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, repost or use any of such materials for public or commercial purposes, without the express written permission of the AF. All copyright and other proprietary notices contained in downloaded materials must be retained.
- Images of people or places displayed on the Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, the AF. The use of these images by you is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or by specific permission provided elsewhere on the Site. Unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright, trade mark, privacy and/or publicity laws as well as communications regulations and statutes.
- The trade marks, logos and service marks (collectively, the Trade marks) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trade marks of the AF and its member companies. Nothing contained in this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right in and to the Trade marks without the express written permission of the AF or such third party. Your misuse of the Trade marks on the Site and in its contents, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited. You are advised that the AF will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in the Site and its contents to the fullest extent of the law, including by seeking criminal sanctions.
- The AF has not reviewed all of the sites that may be linked to the Site and is not responsible for the content of any off-Site pages or any other sites linked to the Site. Your linking to any other off-Site pages or other sites is at your own risk.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. The AF may use such communication or material for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and further posting to the extent permitted by law. Further, the AF is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication or material you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law. The AF will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the AF to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
- Although the AF may, from time to time, monitor or review the discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like that may appear on the Site, the AF is under no obligation to do so, and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from such content nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any such content.
- The AF reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time.
- Any exclusions of liability in these Terms and Conditions shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the AF.
- Your use of this Web Site together with the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
This web site is operated by the International Aspirin Foundation, 34 Bower Mount Road, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 8AU