Emerging Aspirin Investigator Award
Entries ARE open for the International Aspirin Foundation’s
Emerging Aspirin Investigator Award 2021
EMERGING Aspirin INVESTIGATOR Submission and Evaluation CRITERIA
Open to junior scientists who are in the early stages of their research career:
- Within 10 working years of their doctoral (MD/PhD) degree;
- Not beyond assistant professor level;
- Who are contributing, or who have been contributing, to the knowledge of aspirin through original independent scientific research in the field of experimental and/or clinical medicine.
- Candidates should be the first author on an aspirin-related paper published in the last 2 years i.e. from 2019 onwards.
- The applicant needs to produce a statement (maximum 500 words), submitted in English, via email to ScienceAward@aspirin-foundation.com, which is supported by the group leader of the department where the scientist’s work is performed and also submit a copy of the published paper
- Where a member of The International Aspirin Foundation Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) has a conflict of interest (i.e. a mentor of the candidate) he/she will not participate in scoring any entrants.
- In all matters pertaining to the Award, the decision of the Chair of the SAB is final.
- The successful applicant should be available to present his/her work during The Foundation’s autumn meeting in London.
£1,000 plus travel and accommodation bursary
If required, awardee is responsible for arranging any necessary travel visa, after which The Foundation will arrange and book economy travel.
The award is supported by GL Pharma GmbH.
For further details please see www.aspirin-foundation.com/awards/ or email ScienceAward@aspirin-foundation.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is 30th June 2021. Applications will be reviewed by the International Aspirin Foundation Scientific Advisory Board.