Emerging Aspirin Investigator Award
Entries ARE open for the International Aspirin Foundation’s
Emerging Aspirin Investigator Award 2023
EMERGING Aspirin INVESTIGATOR Submission and Evaluation CRITERIA
- Open to junior scientists who are in the early stages of their research career:
- Within 10 working years of their doctoral (MD/PhD) degree;
- Not beyond assistant professor level;
- Who are contributing, or who have been contributing, to the knowledge of aspirin in pre-eclampsia through original independent scientific research in the field of experimental and/or clinical medicine.
- Candidates must have authored an aspirin-related paper published from 2018 onwards
- The applicant needs to produce a statement (maximum 500 words), submitted in English, via email to ScienceAward@aspirin-foundation.com, which is supported by the group leader of the department where the scientist’s work is performed and also submit a copy of the published paper
- Where a member of The International Aspirin Foundation Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) has a conflict of interest (i.e. a mentor of the candidate) he/she will not participate in scoring any entrants.
- In all matters pertaining to the Award, the decision of the Chair of the SAB is final.
Deadline for receipt of applications is 31st August 2023. Applications will be reviewed by the Internatinal Aspirin Foundation’s Scientific Advisory Board.
AWARD CEREMony (Hybrid meeting)
Monday 9th October 2023 at the Caledonian Club, 9 Halkin Street, Belgravia, London SW1X 7DR.
£1,000 plus economy travel and accommodation bursary*
If required, awardee responsible for arranging any necessary travel visa, upon which The Foundation will arrange and book economy travel.
*travel from within Europe and accommodation for one night.