Enter Senior Science Award
Applications Are Invited For The International Aspirin Foundation’s Senior Science Award 2022
- Nominated candidates are asked to submit up to a 1000 word summary of their career and contribution to research and development of aspirin, together with a 200 word lay summary.
- Nominated candidates should have a demonstrable track record of valuable biomedical research (basic, clinical or translational), contributing to the scientific knowledge of aspirin.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is 31st May 2022. All nominated candidates will be reviewed by the International Aspirin Foundation Scientific Advisory Board.
- In recognition of the chosen nominated candidate(s)’ achievements, there will be a presentation ceremony to honour his/her work.
- The selected candidate(s) should be available to attend an Award Ceremony and be prepared to participate in media interest in the event. In addition, the lay summary will be used for publicity purposes.
- A report will be produced on the awardee(s)’ body of work.
Award entries are invited from a potential candidate or his/her colleagues in research or academic institutions, together with a short (1,000 word) summary in the terms covered in the Award Criteria and a lay summary (200 words).
- Applications should be sent via email.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are to be received by 31st May 2022. An email or letter will be sent confirming receipt and validity.
- The Secretariat will provide the list of submitted candidates for the Scientific Advisory Board. Members of the Scientific Advisory Board may nominate additional candidates.
- All applications will be reviewed, and a decision made. The Scientific Advisory Board will seek to achieve unanimity in selection.
- Nominated candidates will be considered on three consecutive award cycles unless their application is withdrawn.
- Awards cannot be made posthumously.
In all matters pertaining to the Science Award, the decision of the Chair of the SAB is final.
Award winner(s) will be notified by end of July 2022
Bayer Senior Aspirin Award:
- 1992 – Garret Fitzgerald
- 1995 – Gustav Born
- 1996 – Henry Barnett
- 1997 – William Smith
- 1998 – Carlo Patrono
- 1999 – Charles Hennekens
- 2000 – Sir Richard Peto, Colin Baigent, Rory Collins, and Peter Sleight
- 2002 – Aaron Marcus
- 2007 – Hans Christoph Diener
International Aspirin Foundation winners:
- 2014 Peter Rothwell, Oxford UK
- 2016 Julie Buring/Nancy Cook/Mike Gaziano, Boston USA
- 2018 Paola Patrignani, Italy
- 2020 Lars Wallentin, Sweden, Jan van Gijn, The Netherlands, Bo Norrving, Sweden, and Tom Meade, UK
£5,000 per individual or group